MSXML4 Install Error --- FIXED!!!
SqlJunkies User
2004-11-01 23:26:44 UTC
Hello. I have been looking deeply into this MSXML4 Install problem as it has haunted me for may months now on multiple computers.

Just this morning I found a 100% fix for this problem that will not require you to reinstall windows or lose any data.

When you attempt to install MSXML and get the error;

"An error occured during the installation of assembly component {303994BA-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB}. HRESULT: -2147024894."

Do not click OK! Leave the Installation active.

Run another instance of the MSXML Installer. It will ask if you want to remove or repair, click repair.

Then another error will occur, stating that "Another installation is in progress."

Do not click anything. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Go to the Applications Tab.

Now, Remember there are two Installations running so two identical programs will apear in the Applications list. You need to look for the one Second down the list, as the most recent apps appear at the top of the list and we want to kill the first one.

We you find the Second installation down the list, right click on it and select End Task

Now press Try Again on the existing installation. It will complete successfully. Press close and enjoy your game!

(If you still get an error when you run your game, stating that MSXML is not installed, just run the installation one more time. It will successfully install first time every time from now on.)

---
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -

Post Made from http://www.SqlJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.
SqlJunkies User

Paul Bennett
2004-12-19 17:07:24 UTC
Hi, thanks for looking into the problem. However, having done what you
suggested, I still have the problem. Also, if I try to re-install the
msxml.msi I still get the same error - this is really driving me nuts.

rdcpro
2004-12-21 22:55:02 UTC
I was having a similar problem with SQL XML 3.0, same error on MSXML 4. I
installed a hotfix: KB832414_MSXML4.0_x86.exe rebooted, and the problem went
away. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mike Sharp
Pablodaddy
2004-12-22 01:17:30 UTC
Hi, thanks everybody for your help.
I have managed to fix the problem by downloading xmlinstl.zip from the
microsoft site. From "Start" then "Run" I un-registered xml i.e.
"<pathname>xmlinstl -u", which will un-register all versions, then for
each version of xml that I had I re-registered them i.e. "regsvr32
msxml.dll", then "regsvr32 msxml2.dll" etc. right up to msxml4.dll
(check c:/windows/system32 for all msxml*.dll files). This has fixed the
problem that I had with Halo not showing typed text in on-line games.

Thanks again to everybody - I hope that this helps someone.

Pablodaddy

Moonsari
2005-01-09 22:20:38 UTC
I am having this same exact issue when trying to play the Microsoft PC
game Age of Mythology, Gold Edition. I receive one of these two errors:

I receive this one when trying to install MSXML from the AoM CD-Rom:

"An error occured during the installation of assembly
microsoft.msxml2,publickeytoken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",
type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86" HRESULT: 0x80070002"

And I receive this error when trying to install MSXML from the Microsoft
Download Center (the latest 4.0 with Sp2):

"An error occured in the installation of assembly component
{303994ba-6487-47AE-AF1D-7AF6088EEBDB} HRESULT: 0x8007002

Trying your fix did not resolve either error message unfortunately. What
else can we do? Does anyone know of this issue or am I just stuck with a
game that won't run?

Moonsari
2005-01-09 22:30:46 UTC
nt

rom x
2005-01-15 21:27:06 UTC
Had exactly the same error. I disabled Ad-Aware's Ad-watch ou disloaded
it, then the msxml install went perfectly and now age of mythology can
load

a***@dir.bg